There are things I will miss about college. I dont think any of them have to do with class. I did learn a few things, but I coulda done that anywhere.
But here are my friends. For the first time in my life I could say that an mean it. People who cared about you, people who where there for you.
“A friend is someone who has seen you at your worst and still likes you”
Where else will I:
- be awake at 4 in the morning, discussing the benefits of playdough.
- go for a walk to the supermarket (wegmans) at midnight.
- get to decide I am just too tired to go to that 8 am meeting or class.
- talk about religion for hours and actually remain interested in the conversation.
- trade racist jokes and insults with my friends (who are Korean, Chinese, Hispanic, and Japanese).
- be able to eat something called a garbage plate.
- be able to feel im not staying up late until I see the sun rise.
- mention anything about computers without getting a blank stare in response.
- have someone yelling at me one day and crying on my shoulder the next.
These are my family, my friends, my life. Its all Ive known for the last four years, a time when I did a helluva lotta changing. I am no longer the person I was at home, and dont like it there. So I am off to make my fortune ($1.25) in the real world.